Monday, September 27, 2010

TO CREATE A KIND OF STRUCTURE.

HUGE apologies to myself and others that I haven't written here in a while. I was overly caught up in the spin of returning to the city and university. I think that sometimes we easily forget ourselves, and forget to take care of ourselves and forget to make time for important things. I feel ever so drained. Which I guess is a reasonable explanation for how I'm writing today.

I write to you from my bed, the bottom of my back and kidney region in pain from excessive drinking and now I vow never to go out four nights in one week again. This may not seem like many to some, but for me, I am left feeling thoroughly worn out and tired - not the best start to the beginning of the third, final and most important year of my life. Regardless, I've had a great time, got to know a few people better and have let myself go just in time for everything to settle. And I truly hope everything does settle.

This week I've had a good time, I've drank, danced and spent time with a lot of great people. But as always, there's often a more serious message to take home. This week, a girl was raped about 200 metres from my new house in Fallowfield, Manchester. I don't really know how to / don't want to explain it myself, but here's the article...


I have never felt more terrified to live somewhere, and a place I have grown to love and enjoy being in, has soon transformed into an area of fear and uneasiness. Our time on this earth is precious, and I know never to take my own life for granted. So from now on this means never walking alone at night, and keeping in constant contact with all my friends in the area. What a fragile thing life can be...

My thoughts and sincere apologies go out to the girl and of course her family and friends.

Without intending to write a depressing entry, I can't help but feel like this has turned into one.

To lighten the mood here's a few pictures from my friends house warming, in an attempt to remember some of the more brighter aspects of this week.





So in relation to the title of today's post, I'm attempting to create a structure to make up for the lack of one these past few weeks. Today, I've planned my meals, I feel as though the decline in my going out will have to result in another kind of escape so I intend to start cooking more. I'm loving Asian foods at the minute, one of my favourite dishes being Japanese; Chicken Katsu Curry. It's just a shame about the calories...

Tomorrow I return to lectures and seminars after what's seemed like a lifetime. I'm looking forward to getting a routine and intend to spend my days at the library struggling through my dissertation and other modules. (Dissertation title still yet to be decided) It's such a pain thinking about working when I don't even know what to write about. Therefore, note to self: START DEVELOPING IDEAS.

Sorry for the huge lack of pictures, I'll get taking some ASAP.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment