Monday, August 30, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN FOR MUSIC PURPOSES.


I've always admired photographs of bands and live music, especially if I wasn't able to make a particular concert or club night. I can't help but feel as though taking pictures of live music is one of the most challenging forms of photography, for instance; it's dark, there's a lot of movement (I get very scared of dropping my camera), and also a lot of people in front to contend with- especially if you're not over 6 foot tall. However, the results are often rewarding because photographs to show that you've seen your favourite band up close, and not totally personal, are a great way of keeping the memory alive. I haven't yet had the chance to take photographs of many gigs, it's often hard to get the right position in the crowd, regardless, I'm always up for a bit of staged photography and here are some photographs I took of Jonny and his friend Luke who wrote music together for a while. 






















And here are some sneaky shots I was able to capture at Parklife festival in Manchester...
Friendly Fires were pretty incredible, it's a shame they were too quiet.










Parklife was a great way to start the summer of 2010, Manchester has to be one of my favourite places in Britain. It's too bad we only drew in the USA vs. UK World Cup match. 
Here's some more photographs...










What a great day, lots of love for my little uni world, Fallowfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment