Monday, August 30, 2010

PICTURES TAKEN ON PURPOSE.

Studying photography meant that I had to take pictures for purposes, I found this quite difficult at first but in a way it's easier, as you gradually find out what sort of image you want to end up with. Here is some of my research, which then led to me taking portraits of complete strangers. It was all rather new and intimidating to me, I think that this shows in my images.

Here are some practice photographs...

Self portraiture-




My little Ted, a sentimental object-



Stranger Portraits-















II'm very aware of how amateur these photographs are, but I had a good time taking them and assembling them for my portfolio. I got a 2:1 for this work, so I'm aiming much higher this year. Learning and doing better is always so rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment